Acceptance Of Terms
No Unlawful Or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Services (“Services”), you must not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You must not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Winspert® equipment or property. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or obtain, or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services, or Winspert® staff.
This site is intended for the lawful use of Winspert® course attendees, employees, instructors, and management. Subject to the TOU, Winspert® grants you a non-transferable, limited right of access and use of the Winspert® site, Services and course materials, (“Materials”). As such, you may not allow others to, directly or indirectly:
- Reproduce, sell, modify or distribute the Materials in any way;
- Transfer the Materials to any other person without the written consent and authorization of Winspert® Management;
- Interfere or disrupt any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Winspert’ premises and/or Services;
By enrolling in Winspert’ Services, you subscribe and agree to receive email communication, announcements and/or updates pertaining to the course, other relevant courses, Winspert’ service offerings that may be of interest, and/or the exam process communications. Email communication and updates may be sent prior, during, and up to 24 months after the completion of the course. You may choose to opt out of receiving email communication at any time by using the unsubscribe button in the email or contacting our office directly.
Use Of Services
Upon registration and complete payment of course fees, you are entitled to the following services:
- Attendance to all offered session s of the course, as indicated in both the registration agreement and course outline;
- Access to the Laboratory for practice sessions, as designated by the course, and/or course instructor for the duration of the registered course(s).
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available any content that is: false, inaccurate, inappropriate, profane, defamatory, libelous, harmful, vulgar, obscene, indecent, abusive or harassing on our forum;
- Use the Services in a malicious, misleading or discriminatory manner;
- Violate any applicable laws, regulations or third-party rights.
Winspert® within its sole discretion, accordingly reserves the right at all times to disclose any information it deems necessary and appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. It further reserves the right to edit, refuse to post and to remove any information/materials, in whole or in part.
Property And Equipment Damage Agreement
Section A: Applicable to all preparatory courses By entering into this agreement I understand and accept responsibility for all property and materials that I may damage intentionally, or unintentionally while on the premises of Winspert. I understand that it is my responsibility to advise Winspert’ staff of any such damage caused, immediately upon becoming aware of it. Furthermore, I understand that I will be responsible for reimbursing Winspert® for any such damage, as advised by Winspert® staff.
Section B: Applicable to those enrolling in the Assessment of Clinical Skills preparatory course By entering into this agreement I understand how to properly operate and maintain the equipment I am using at home, in the laboratory and in the classroom, as depicted in the course manual and explained by the instructor. I agree to be responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment and its return in the same condition in which it was received, except for the normal wear and tear. If you are deemed responsible for the loss, or loss of use of the equipment, you will be liable for the repair, or replacement of the equipment. If the equipment is not returned in good condition, Winspert® may charge the renter with a service and maintenance fee equal to the cost to restore the Used Equipment to the condition in which it was in at the time the renter initially received it.
Bodily Injury Release
By entering into this agreement I agree that my safety is primarily my own responsibility. I agree to make sure that I know how to safely use all equipment, and I agree to observe any rules and practices that may be employed to minimize the risk of injury. I agree to stop and seek assistance if I do not believe I can safely continue operating the equipment. I agree that if I do not know how to operate a function of the equipment, I will stop and ask for assistance. I agree that I will refrain from any and all actions that would pose a hazard to myself or others. I have read, participated in the classroom safety instructions and I understand how to safely use all the equipment that I am using in the laboratory, classroom and at home. I hereby agree to release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue, and agree to hold Winspert, its directors, officers, agents, volunteers, employees and representatives (hereafter referred to as the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liabilities, demands, claims, or injuries, including death, that I may sustain during or in conjunction with operating equipment while on the premises of Winspert® and while using the equipment provided by Winspert® at home.
Photograph And Video Release
By entering into this agreement I hereby grant permission to the rights of my image, likeness and sound of my voice as recorded on audio or video recording without payment or any other consideration. I understand that my image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. I also understand that this material may be used in diverse educational and/or promotional settings within an unrestricted geographic area.
Photographic, audio or video recordings may be used for the following purposes:
- Conference presentations
- Educational presentations or courses
- Informational presentations
- On-line educational courses
- Educational videos
- Promotional content
By entering into this agreement I understand this permission signifies that photographic or video recordings of me may be electronically displayed via the Internet or in the public educational setting. I will be consulted about the use of the photographs or video recording for any purpose other than those listed above. There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed.
This release applies to photographic, audio or video recordings collected as part of the sessions listed on this document only.
By entering into this agreement I acknowledge that I have completely read and fully understand the above release and agree to be bound thereby. I hereby release any and all claims against Winspert, its trustees, officers, agents, volunteers and employees from utilizing this material for educational purposes.
Registration & Service Level Agreement
Once the registration form is completed and the course fees are paid in full, either in person or through the web, you will become an applicant in the course. Course applicants may be subject to a review process and further interviews by the Winspert® team to determine their eligibility. The review and approval process will be conducted within 3 weeks from the registration date. If the applicant does not receive any further communications from Winspert, within 3 weeks from the date of registration and payment, then they are considered accepted and fully registered in the course.
While Winspert® will use all reasonable means to offer sessions/courses at the promised times and by the scheduled instructors, Winspert® also reserves the right to adjust the course timelines, instructors, number of sessions, and to further cancel sessions, or courses at their sole discretion. Courses which do not reach the minimum number of required attendees may be cancelled by Winspert® and the registered applicants will be notified accordingly. Wherever applicable, any reduction in the number of sessions or cancellation of courses, will result in a prorated reimbursement of payments corresponding to the canceled courses/sessions. In the event of such cancellations, registered students are not eligible to receive any additional compensation.
Timing within the sessions will be managed by the instructor and allocated to groups and/or individuals as the instructor sees fit, in order to maximally benefit the trainees.
Withdrawal From Courses
(All refund amounts are calculated based on full, non-discounted course/service fee)
- 10% will be deducted (or charged in case of a payment plan) as a minimum processing and banking fee for any withdrawal or cancelation
- 20% will be deducted (or charged in case of a payment plan) if withdrawn 3-4 weeks (22-28 days) prior to start date
- 25% will be deducted (or charged in case of a payment plan) if withdrawn 2-3 weeks (15-21 days) prior to start date
- 30% will be deducted (or charged in case of a payment plan) if withdrawn 1-2 weeks (8-14 days) prior to start date
- No refund will be issued (or 100% will be charged in case of a payment plan) if withdrawn 1 week or less (≤7 days) prior to start date
- No refund will be issued (or 100% will be charged in case of a payment plan) for small-sized services (≤8 students), on-demand services, scheduled one-on-one sessions, any service in which the fee or service arrangement has been modified, or for courses already running
- Additional processing, administrative, banking, or transaction fees may be deducted from the refund amount as necessary
Students Waiting For Results, Visas, Or Ndeb Document Evaluation
For AFK: Students MUST inform the administrative staff in writing at the time of registration of their pending status. The administration will grant pre-approvals depending on capacity and other factors. If negative results are received, pre-approved students can:
- Transfer to the following AFK cycle if transfer is requested within the first month of the course (price difference may be charged)
- Complete the course in full and receive $1000 credit towards a full AFK registration in the following cycle if seats are available
- Complete the course in full and receive $500 credit towards review package registration in the following cycle if seats are available
Under no circumstances will the course be partitioned along different cycles. Full completion of the course, including mock exams, is required
Missing Classes Or Parts Of A Course
Missed classes will NOT be compensated for in any way, so please ensure that you closely adhere to the classroom schedule. If you absolutely cannot attend due to a major circumstance, please ensure that you have an arrangement with a colleague for missed notes, as Winspert does not have the obligation, nor may it have the feasibility, to repeat or replay lectures. It is, however, a good practice to inform the administrative staff of missed lectures regardless, in case there was a planned make-up or repeat session (ex. AFK pharmacology classes)
- Winspert® credits are non-refundable, non-transferable, must be used at-once (cannot be partitioned), and expire in 6 months
- Conditional Winspert® credits (ex. Course-specific credits) are valid for one cycle only, immediately following the current cycle
- The advertised course fees are subject to change without notice. Any planned change in fees will not impact students already registered
- When a client is eligible for multiple discounts or offers, only one discount or offer (the highest in value) will be applied to course fees
Notes On Payment Plans
By enrolling in a Winspert payment plan, you authorize Winspert to charge the credit card on file, or deposit the post-dated cheques, on the date agreed (commonly the 1st and 15th of the month) or after, without the need to get further permission past the one given on registration day. YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED AT THE TIME OF PAYMENT COLLECTION, AND NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. Rejected payments will incur additional charges and may be subject to disciplinary actions. See payment plan form for details.
Please be advised that special arrangements or modified registrations/payment arrangement due to circumstances deemed unusual, as well as any direct communication with Client Relations or upper management, are governed by a strict confidentiality rule. Disclosure of any such correspondence may result in administrative or legal repercussions, including voiding of the arrangement/accommodation or registration in question.
Higher Score Guarantees
PThe higher score guarantee only applies to registered students who attend all course sessions, complete all assigned homework, and follow all the instructor’s instructions to practice and improve. The purpose of the HIGHER SCORE GUARANTEE is to establish improvement as a result of the course. This improvement may be established by comparing the results of the initial assessment or exam marks at the beginning of the course, with the assessments or mock exams held at the end of the exam.
Materials Orders & Return Policy
You have up to 10 business days to return unused and unopened items in their original packaging. Winspert® reserves the right to refuse opened packages. Processing of returns and refunds may take up to 10 business days. A restocking fee of 15% may apply.
All course materials are solely for the personal use of registered course attendees. It is strictly prohibited to transmit, reproduce, sell or distribute any course materials in any form or by any means, including but not limited to photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written consent of Winspert’ Management.
Grant to use Winspert®’ intellectual property
- Winspert® grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable ability to access and/or use the program materials for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree that you may not use any of the materials (course booklets, mock examinations, course handouts, video and any virtual postings) in any manner, or for any purpose other than as expressly permitted by this Agreement and in particular you may not:
Create derivative work of any of the materials provided to you during your enrollment at Winspert®; and, resell or reproduce in any way of any of the materials provided to you by Winspert®. Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights
- As between Winspert® and you, Winspert® owns all rights, title and interest in and to the services and program materials. You acknowledge and agree that the services and program materials are provided to you only in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Except for the limited rights granted in this Agreement, all rights are reserved by Winspert®.
Winspert® utilizes your personal information for the provision of products and services to you as well as for the purposes of managing Winspert’ business operations.
Furthermore, as a course registrant, I acknowledge and consent to Winspert® occasionally publishing, reproducing, digitizing, displaying, and otherwise using, (a) my name, image, likeness, voice, and (b) all photographs, recordings, videotapes, and audiovisual materials of myself in any manner, form, or format on the Internet, and for the purpose of advertising or promotion of Winspert® services without further consent from or payment to me.
Registrants may refuse or withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of their personal information at any time, in written format, subject to contractual and other legal obligations. However, doing so may preclude entitlement to particular benefits or services.
Code Of Conduct
All registrants at Winspert® agree to adhere to the code of conduct at all times. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Exercise common courtesy and professionalism at all times while on Winspert® premises or when dealing with Winspert® staff, instructors, and other trainees. Offensive language and abusive behaviour against Winspert® staff, instructors, or other trainees will NOT be tolerated;
- Operate/use Winspert® property within the allocated time, with the utmost care, while following the standards and instructions provided by Winspert® and/or its instructors.;
- Video and/or Audio recording during sessions by attendees is prohibited at all times;
- Refrain from disrupting the instructor or classmates. These disruptions constitute continuous loud side-conversations, playing music, and repetitive questions/arguments with the instructor;
- Soliciting, advertising for other services, sale of materials, spreading of rumours, and false/misleading instructions that can hamper the class environment or mislead trainees, is strictly prohibited;
- Receiving instructions/training from anyone other than Winspert’ instructors without Management’s prior permission is prohibited at all times;
- Vandalism or destruction of Winspert® property is prohibited and may result in immediate termination and further liability for reimbursement of any damage caused;
- Facilitating or allowing entry onto the premises, for individuals who are not part of the course, outside of office hours and without the permission of Management is prohibited at all times;
- In order to provide feedback and/or any complaints with regard to instructors, students, facilities or other areas of the course, while enrolled in the course, students are required to follow the formal feedback process by communicating with the Program Advisor via email or telephone, as specified at the beginning of the course;
- Students must immediately report any behaviour that does not conform to this Code of Conduct to Winspert’ management.
Violation of the aforementioned terms of conduct is an offense under the Code, subject to disciplinary actions and can result in immediate termination from the course(s) without any refund.